Moira has 9 months of sobriety, has lost 55 pounds and explains how her life is so much better without alcohol.
A dry drunk is someone who:
1. Has made no emotional or behavioral changes.
2. Someone who simply doesn't drink and does not work a programs or invest time into their recovery
7 Characteristics of a Dry Drunk:
a. Alcoholics are all extremely selfish and we think we are in total control at all times. We think we have beat the system
2. My Way or the Highway – Tom Cochrane "Life is a highway"
a. Spontaneous decisions with only one person in mind
3. The Blah……
a. Things are getting boring. You’ve quit drinking, you're riding the pink cloud, but soon things start to get mundane and boring
4. We start to forget
a. The magic of how our brains are wired to forget the past
5. Sunsets aren’t quite as magnificent
a. Interesting things in life have lost their allure
a. A continuous trend in negativity
7. You’re still bat shit crazy
a. Drinking is a thinking disease and not a drinking disease
b. Our drinking is but a symptom of our disease